PART 31 - INTO IT

 The hinges of the door, parted their union and squeaked open. My shoe sole rubbed against, the fairly rough surface, outside the door step pushing up, litter that spread itself out across the alley which helped disguise, Harry's spot. A deep breath, burst an attempt to calm myself, before making another step. I walked, exhaling away, my tension, filtering through the smallest of pores, of my mask. The walk ways, were compiled heaps of rubble that shook, particles of loose hanging gravel and soil, after every heavy step that the large creatures seemed to  make. Mist, suddenly clouded my view, after I had gotten closer towards the main roads of the city, and also made stealthy movements, not to alert any of the large creatures that I was walking around. My back slid against the cracked concrete of the walls, almost, gripping into the flesh of my back, with their sharp metal bars that had bent outwards. The stealth that was my strongest shield against that fear-inducing, environment of large creatures, paid off for about 3 buildings away from Harry's house. The distance, still proved that it was a journey away, as I looked up and the lights that surveyed John's tower burst its rays through the mist, onto the tinted surface of my translucent goggles, attached to my mask.

A tree trunk looking object, swung before my face, when I was making a turn into another walkway. I held my breath, for a few seconds, and clenched my body to stillness, as it remained in front of my face. The ash grey colour, covered my range of vision, with the scaly skin, brushing the loose fibers of my jacket. Air in my lungs, knocked ferociously against my airways, to be let out, as I burst out small releases of air, in hopes that I wouldn't pass out while trying to provide myself with cover. My fists clenched against the rocks that were weakly held on the wall, where my back supported itself. The arm didn't seem to move anywhere, and my lungs had given in to the pressure. I began to feel dazed, before, I let out a large exhale of air, that spread itself, all over the scales of the creature. My relief, eased my body, and caused me to be unstable in my stance, still trying to catch my breath, as heavy gasps for air, blew into me. The rubble beside me, provide, a short time span of support, before, a large figure, broke the rays of light with its shadow, which cast itself above my head.

I slowly, tried to stand up, and be aware of my surroundings. The ash grey colour, seemed to be never-ending, as I lifted my weak and dangling neck, past it's range of motion, which my eyes, only greeted with a pitch black darkness and red-glowing eyes staring down at me. A large growl, and the sudden destruction of the neighbouring rocks and stones, crashed into my ear, after I made, a clumsy jump away, only adding to my misery as I landed on more heaps on rubble that stung the side of my ribs. I rolled away, clutching the stinging effect on my ribs into a flight of stairs, as growls became louder, and pebbles of broken rock flew in the air. My pace decreased through the rolling. "Oh no" I heard from the end of another flight of stairs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DID YOU PICK THE WRONG BOOK IN SCHOOL?

THE OTHER SIDE OF A SHEREHE (PARTY) GONE TOO FAR

IS LOVE FOR THE RICH?