PART 42 - THIN

 Nausea, pin-pricked through the nerves of my stomach, as each attempt to spit the blood from my viscous congested mouth, sent it in a surge of swimming through my drying and irritated throat and bubbled an erupting vomit, squeezing itself, for a gushing release. The drowziness, strung its soothing influence, further into the circumference of my eyes, increasing the weight of my eyelids, until a coarse voice plugged the distraction of sleeping and plunging into consciousness, sending me, into a sudden swinging motion. The brute and gore chants of the crowd, sunk into the depths of my ear, and gradually, deflated like a pierced vehicle tire, into a enclosing quiet environment. "Friend! Wake.." Azoe nudged my crippling body, before I began to cough, the choking vomit, strangling the air seeping through any space to come out. "Unngh! Unngh" I crawled, like a tortured slave, deeply clawing my sight into the ground, and scratching away at the soil, burning my thoughts about the gore witnessed. "Is thi... Thi..." My words, fought for their air space, while turning my dimming sight towards Azoe. "What? What is it?" Azoe replied.

My mouth was open, but the silence coming out was as tender to break at the change of a wind current. Gravity, thrust its heavy arms, onto me, plucking me from stability like a ripe fruit from a tree. Relaxation, dripped into the fibers of muscle in my body, for a few seconds, until, I was grabbed from the dirtied and soiled collar of my jacket, swiftly brushing the soil off rocks, blowing dust into the mild currents of wind. "Wha...Wha..." I tried to speak. "Ammmrrr...knnoo" A reply, sailed faintly into my ear, flickering my eyelids through the thin beams of light illuminating into the darkness, like small light bulbs. Chants suddenly began to crack through the giant-sized boulders. "This way!" Azoe, suddenly, turned in the click of a stopwatch, into a whitening light, scratching any darkness, from the any corner or crevice. We arrived at a clean, shiny metal door, that glistened as the light struck its edges and contours.

The door, was still as a dropped anchor in its frame, despite the deep panting efforts of Azoe. I crawled up, from the ground, hunting into the pockets of my jacket, with my fidgeting fingers for a vial of acid. "Mo...mooo...move!" I told Azoe as I tried to bring out the vial, to pour onto the handle of the door. My balance was no different from the ground at a construction site, and the acid, threw some of its droplets onto my gloves which were protect from it but pour through the ground before finally, pouring it on the handle, and swinging the door open. "What are you doing here?" My eyes, turned to the voice in disbelief.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DID YOU PICK THE WRONG BOOK IN SCHOOL?

THE OTHER SIDE OF A SHEREHE (PARTY) GONE TOO FAR

IS LOVE FOR THE RICH?