PART 2 - WHO'S THERE?

It was like the clouds had fallen to the ground. My sight continuously, trying to pierce the ash grey coloured type of air, to find a proper image of anything I could resemble. "Aaahh! Anggh! He...eee...ll...p!" Helplessness, took flight, to merge itself into my ear, and stiffen my anxious self, as more screams filled the air. The silhouette stood, facing me, standing still like it grew feet into the ground. Pumping sounds of my heart gradually increased, and my shirt, slowly, grew into a swamp of sweat on my armpits and back. "Haa..rry! Maa...r! Suu..ssan! Jaamm...ees!" I threw my head in every direction, as I tried to look for my friends, but to no avail. I slowly moved closer, towards the silhouette, waving away the dense mist. Each step pulsated fear, from every beat of my heart, that continued to keep beating heavily. Roads were as bare as a blank sheet of paper, with no vehicles in sight. Buildings were as empty as they were when they were first built. The city, seemed to have been evacuated and no one seemed to be close of the vicinity. Screeching sneakers, surrounded the void of silence, breaking the loneliness that had gripped me.

The silhouette seemed to move closer to me, and I reduced the pace of my steps and gradually began to make strides, away from the road. Heavy thuds sounded behind me, as I made more steps away from the road. I began to run, in almost, any direction, to escape the approaching person. Panting away, my lungs were almost not strong enough to carry me further. The junk food, I had been consuming for a while had finally began to give its effects. I kept looking back, as I started tripping and picking myself, from the ground. Everywhere, seemed to be clouded with mist, I could only count on my little memory, of where I could think things were. Branches of trees crushed and heavy thudding of boots continued to follow me. At this time, my body had been screaming for all sorts of relief, from the exhausting escaping I had been doing. Just before, I could make another run to whatever direction, fate was blessing me to stay alive. I tugged my pants on a door handle and I dropped like tossed garbage into the bin.

"No, no... Anngh!" Fearfully crouched on the ground, I summoned all the ounces of bravery, with my every part of my body aching after my abrupt fall. The heavy thuds of boots, almost became neighbours to my ear, as they slowly grew louder with every passing second. Exhausted and breathless, I crawled up to give everything I could to making the biggest and most important steps of my life. My first step, fell incomplete, when I felt a strong grip on my other ankle. "Heeeeellllpp" Clawing any space I could on the ground to keep me away from being caught. I turned, to see what had caught me, and in a split second the silhouette, of the person I saw, was hit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DID YOU PICK THE WRONG BOOK IN SCHOOL?

THE OTHER SIDE OF A SHEREHE (PARTY) GONE TOO FAR

IS LOVE FOR THE RICH?