PART 10 - ON THE RUN

 The screeching of the tires, tore through the air, as I struggled to fit myself through the window and Trakus tried to keep the van moving in a proper direction. Heavy thuds, were not too far behind us, which made our van much more unstable with the shaking ground. "You think we lost them?" I slid into the chair trying to get comfortable trying to ease my anxious state after being chased, as I sought confirmation from Trakus. "Not yet, hold on!" The accelerator was stepped on, and we burst through the mist like a missile, before I could completely hear Trakus' reply. Mist blew past like clouds of blowing smoke, with the daunting heavy stomps of feet, reducing in the distance. Before, I could breath a sigh of relief, darts broke into our view and some scratch the paint of the car. "Oh! Damn It" Trakus, honked the horn, almost ripping out his hair, as his pot belly popped his buttons out with him moving in every direction possible trying to evade the darts. In the attempt to avoid, James, Mary and Susan, we encountered a rough road full of rubble, with the view of someone in front of us.

"Who is that?" I squinted with all sorts of might, trying to focus my vision to be as sharp as a binocular's lens. We got closer, and closer, and Trakus didn't seem to wish to stop for any reason. It finally appeared to be Susan stood in front of us, unmoved by the speed we are moving at. "No, man, no!" I tried to turn the steering wheel away, and Trakus pushed me back into my seat, letting me know I didn't know what we'll get ourselves into if we don't. A hair follicle close to Susan, Trakus pulled my arm out of the car, and we jumped out of the window into the nearby scrap yard. The explosion, blew flames into the street, clearing some of the mist, with the intense illumination that was generated. In the midst of the explosion, Trakus handed me, some goggles that gave us sight through the mist and smoke of the explosion. "Do you see it?" We climbed through the scrap metal, to get a view of the post explosions scene, with Trakus making sure, I don't make any loud noises, and making sure I saw what he wished me to see. I saw, Susan still standing in middle of the fire, and suddenly jonined by Mary and James. "Where are they? They have escaped our sights, what shall we tell John?" Mary's voice echoed through the device Trakus had given me and could hear what they were saying as well. "Damn, is this, what they are?" My jaw dropped and eyebrows grew to the sky, in surprise about what I had seen.

We drew back, and walked down the heap of scrap metal that, we used to have a better view of the scene. "Where's Harry?" Trakus, fixed up his shirt and looked at me with the side of his scarred eye. "He got captured by John" My shoulders sank as the voice came out of my mouth. Trakus, cringed his eyebrows and clenched his fists, smacking the door of a worn out car.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DID YOU PICK THE WRONG BOOK IN SCHOOL?

THE OTHER SIDE OF A SHEREHE (PARTY) GONE TOO FAR

IS LOVE FOR THE RICH?