PART 18 - SINKING IN

 I imitated water droplets during the winter, with my hairs and body, solidly freezing in posture, as my eyes glued to the phone and widened to match the width of an owl's eyes. Each pounding of my heart agitated my nerves to move towards him and get more answers. Completely covered in hesitation, from head to toe, my muscles twitched and I moved back and forth, as though, I seemed to be dancing to the music from outside the club. "Nice dance moves!" One of the ladies, who seemed to be allured by the muscle flexing antics of the guards, apparently happened to stare at me in my hesitation state. She began to come closer and the smoothness of her touch, almost felt like her palms were made of silk. My hands tingled a bit further, as her perfume, brushed the vacuum of my nose to euphoric delight. The guard, clenched his eyebrows, pouring frustration in the air, almost forgetting that his phone was ringing. I almost inhaled all the air, in the vicinity, with my fear, tensing every part of my body and strangling my lungs to release almost any amount of air. One hand on the phone and another, straining the fibers of my jacket. He finally answered the phone.

"Yeah, Yes.. Okay" He said, while attending to his phone and cut the call in a few matter of seconds. His large fist unfolded like an armadillo getting out of its shell, and breathed heavily, almost getting into a growl. The ladies cleared away from the scene as he disappeared, and another guard came to replace him. The lady who was with me, wished to continue the night and clenched my hand as we walked in. The substitute guard tugged my jacket before I could enter but the lady seemed to coerce him easily. "C'mon lets dance!" She said, excited with a smile the made sure all parts of a glistening lip gloss reflected the variety of lights that beamed on the dance floor. I kept my open for the guard who seemed to enter after the phone call, and look for his movements. My eyes, covered any type of place, which I disguised as a dance move. She seemed to be intrigued by the dancing and was having a lot of fun. As the music, infused its infectious rhythm to our body, my attention grappled to stay alive. I suddenly caught the eye of the build of the guard, walking up some stairs and the illumination of the white colour of his vest.

I started to move towards the stairs, with haste, as we danced with the lady. "Haha! Where are you goinig?!" She chuckled as she seemed to have downed more liqour than she could handle. She began losing her stability, as she staggered towards me. I held her and told the bar tender to look out for her. One explosive lift, after, another, I jumped, skipping a bunch of stairs each time, trying to cover as much ground as possible. Dust puffed up from the floor, after each step, pushing out a heavy amount of coughing that slowed me, as I saw the guard run in the distance. I arrived at a corridor that was isolated and silent. I heard a bit of chatter from a few doors ahead of me. Before I could reach, further, a pictures of Harry which were torn and stabbed with darts covered the wall. The corridor seemed to darken as I continued to keep running. I grabbed the pictures hoping to get give more clues. The guard, turned a corner that beamed a light and immediately closed it in a hurry. I stealthily slid across the wall in hopes to uncover more about Nicholas' letter. "I'm being followed, sort it out" I heard a faint voice of someone speak.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DID YOU PICK THE WRONG BOOK IN SCHOOL?

THE OTHER SIDE OF A SHEREHE (PARTY) GONE TOO FAR

IS LOVE FOR THE RICH?