PART 5 - NEW DAWN

 The silence continued for much of time,  that I tried to talk to Harry. He lifted his head only to drink. "Huh? What?" He startled around the place looking like, it was the first time that he had entered it. "You okay?" I wiped my mouth as I chewed slower and slower, gazing at Harry. "Ahh yeah, I'm good, I'm good" He quickly, got up and off the corner of the table where he was sitting. "Dude, that was us and the guys right?" Silence gripped the room when he seemed disturbed by my question. "Yeah, it was cool, right!" Laughter, beamed from him, hiding a seemingly, confused expression underneath that I couldn't really understand. We chatted for some time before my drowsiness, was about to consume me. My eyelids were as heavy as a damp sand bags, each time I tried to stay awake. Harry was busy, trying to find his tools and sharpening them as well. The continuous clanging of metal and rattling of plastics, were ever so melodic and repetitive. Before, I could be consumed in the ever alluring slumber, Harry woke me up to assist him.

 "Ahh man, what?! Don't I love junk food or what?" I rubbed my eyes out of slumber and got my hands as busy with Harry. My mind bubbled with questions, when I brushed my fingers on the items that were before me. The work seemed endless after each sharpening and arranging of tools. "Wow, when will this...." Before I could complete my sentence, a knock came at the door. Harry, stopped his work and slowly walked to the door with a blade at the rear side of his belt. A piece of paper slipped under the door. Harry looked at it for some seconds, and then picked it up. "Dude! What is it?" Moving away from the counter I was working, and faced the door. "Get ready!" Harry walked forward with a high pace and began collecting all he could. "Wha... What do you mean get ready?" My face moved all sorts of directions as I watched Harry scamper all around to get all the gear he could. Gear was dumped, on me, knocking me on every part of my body.

The gear weighed heavy on my tender muscles and body that was far from athletic. My panting, only harmonized with the constant sound of the grunts I made, as I struggled to keep myself in a proper posture trying to stand. "C'mon lets go!" Harry patted me on the shoulder strongly, almost tipping me over with the heavy gear that already weighed me down. "Where are we going?" Still keeping myself standing on my too feet. "We're relocating" The ground immediately dropped and began moving down, at a high pace. "Ahhhh" My heart beat faster than a rotating fan, and didn't take too long before we made a stop that rattled everything on me. "Welcome, Harry!" A coarse voice called, as the doors separated. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DID YOU PICK THE WRONG BOOK IN SCHOOL?

THE OTHER SIDE OF A SHEREHE (PARTY) GONE TOO FAR

IS LOVE FOR THE RICH?