PART 6 - UNDERGROUND

 A hefty stout figure, stood before me. His shirt's buttons screamed for mercy to keep the shirt together, which hugged his body tighter than a python's constricting grip on prey. The sight of him holding a cup of fizzing soda in his hand gave me a bit of promise that this new place might not be as frightening than I had thought. Harry, walked casually past the opening doors, as I collected myself clumsily, and struggling to carry the extra weight of the gear that he had given me. It was a generously lit environment. "By the way, I'm Trakus" After some time spent walking, I got to know, what seemed to be Harry's colleague in their operations. Every place we walked was filled with all sorts of people dressed in all manner of attire. Some filled colour that bonded with the strong and different lights that bounced of some surfaces, while others seemed to merge on the skins of people. Travelling around the new place, drew the sweat of every gland in my body, and some of the gear, began slipping and sliding like a soap on a watery floor. "How much longer are we gonna go for?" I sought to disrupt the engaging conversation between Harry and Trakus who seemed to have forgotten, I was behind them. "Hahaha what! You're here, we'll be there as soon as you fill sweat on the every part of your shirt" The laughter shared between Harry and Trakus, engulfed the pants and groans, I made, while both of them seemed fairly comfortable walking through the rigourous terrain.

"Have your lungs grown a bit more?" Harry, turned back to look at me with the a sarcastic grin, painted over his face, helping me up the rocks. Some few punches of buttons later, we were in a highly advanced place filled with all sorts of gadgets and technological devices. Before I could gaze around, I immediately dropped, the gear that worked my muscles, and drenched my clothes full of all sweat my body could produce. I removed my shirt and jacket, and in a moment, where I was alone, tried to flex and show my muscles, on the shiny surfaces of the metals nearby, which only showed my slim, skinny frame. The sounds of screams from a video distracted me, and I saw Harry and Trakus, at a large screen keenly watching what looked like the city. "What the... Is that outside?" I scampered quickly towards the screen, trying to get a better view of it. "We gotta do more about this, it got worse, the other day" Harry, looked at the screen with a serious face as he gripped the leather seat tightly, almost ripping the leather off it. "Doesn't he know? Don't you know?" Trakus turned around looking at both Harry and I for answers. "Met him outside, he's a pal from school" Harry sighed relaxing from watching video of the silhouettes that stood around the city as well as the cries.

"You're ready?" Trakus walked slowly towards me, holding me by shoulder, eager to know. "For what? For who? For when? I just walked into a mist, met Harry and now we're doing what?" I fidgeted in shock, confused as to what they meant. "You better be" Trakus walked away, loosening his grip on my shoulder.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DID YOU PICK THE WRONG BOOK IN SCHOOL?

THE OTHER SIDE OF A SHEREHE (PARTY) GONE TOO FAR

IS LOVE FOR THE RICH?