PART 7 - PURSUIT

I stood a bit confused, about what Trakus had meant about getting ready. "Can you run?" Trakus, turned back at me from a distance seeking confirmation. Before, I could even answer, the rumbling of an engine muffled my ear distracting all other noises, from a bit of a distance to where we were standing. 'What, hey!!..." I scrambled my clothes and all I could, get rushing into the van, that Harry and Trakus were hurriedly getting ready to go in. After a few jumps and staggering runs, I leaped into the back of the van, moving around in an erratic manner, bouncing all over the van like a pin ball. The tires screeched heavily, moving left and right a few times before, the accelerator, took hold off the car, and we sped off into the vastly varied terrain of the new location under the city that we were in. "Where we going guys?" I lifted off my shirt from my face trying to get my voice clearly heard. 'Sssh! Stay down!" Harry whispered urgently before I could get my face anywhere to be seen. The roughness of the road, was felt, by the unstable driving done by Trakus. The mist was still as dense as a cloud of smoke, however, we had a clean sight of things from the cars technology that, took thermal images of the environment, it was around.

We arrived at a hidden corner between two buildings, and parked camouflaged in the darkness in midst of the mist. The silhouettes, I encountered at the streets could be seen everywhere. Their heavy footsteps could be heard, from a far as they shook the ground, shaking the metal of our van, causing squeaks from some parts to be heard. "Time to go out" Harry grabbed me by the shirt as well as some masks that helped us see through the mist. "Haa..." Harry quickly muzzled my mouth, to keep a discreet presence, around the buidlings. My gear was still a struggle to carry,  as we moved around the vicinity of the town. The view from the top of a building we had come to arrived at, gave a scenery of a larger building that dwarfed the rest of the broken buildings of the city. "Woah!" My eyes opened up like a camera's lens, in surprised as I viewed every part of the building. "I'll be in touch" Harry's communication system went off as soon as he had talked to Trakus and I tried to keep up with him, as my panting, kept increasing after every, gymnastic-like leap towards the large building. We kept on getting closer and closer, and almost could sniff the windows of the everything near, the large building.

Screams of people rang my ears, from below, and the large figures kept walking and thumping the ground. Just as we were about to make a reach for the next leap. Our cables were snatched and were pulled. I shouted as we dangled in the air like meat in a butchery, and swung from a distance to the ground. We broke through windows on the  surface of buildings, and the noise, caused attention to others below. The shattering pf glass echoed in the air, and we finally broke into a room in a building. The footsteps from below became more ground shaking and before we could know who grabbed our cables, two punches came out of nowhere knocking us to the ground.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DID YOU PICK THE WRONG BOOK IN SCHOOL?

THE OTHER SIDE OF A SHEREHE (PARTY) GONE TOO FAR

IS LOVE FOR THE RICH?