PART 22 - COVER

 The door slammed behind me, as I rolled with my inertia through the other side to the co-driver's seat. My breath seemed to blow out faster than I could get to the steering wheel and keys. Slamming and screeching crunched the silence in the car, and a few snores from Nicholas, who was still unconscious after I had knocked him a while back. I wriggled my body, turning it into a bowl of jelly, trying to compose myself to start the van with my keys which jumbled in my hands, like a clown juggling in a circus. The metal slid on my sweaty palms, when the shoes, and shouts of the henchmen, burst through the dimensions of the windows, to my ear, striking, a raging urgency to get my car started. I shook my head, throwing sweat everywhere and finally straightened my hazy-like vision to the steering wheel. In a moment of spontaneity, I quickly started the car and pressed the accelerator, with all the strength, my anxiety, had given me and closed my eyes, clutching onto the steering wheel, with the tips of my fingers. Loud screeching burst into the air, with people, occupying the air in the middle of the city, to send their stares dauntingly upon my erratic driving. It removed the skin off people in fear, who seemed to ran faster than they could even see my car.

The henchmen seemed to continue to pursue me. Music from the club had been reduced and lights punched the darkness out of most of the streets around it. People's attention was caught, and they gazed at the three-story building. The metal gates closed around the club and their wasn't anymore entry or exit of people. Crowds of people stopped to see what was going on and the murmurs between people continued to become a chatter that covered the streets. My erratic driving skills, seemed to have lost attention of most of the people and the thuds that came from Nicholas knocking against the different sides of the van, only raised a few eyebrows. Cars began to come to a stand still, when I wanted to move and escape the henchmen. I revved my engine, numerous times to get people to give me way. Eventually I knocked a few cars and a few people began getting frustrated and knocking away at the car. When I felt I had broken away, I heard punches coming from the top of the van.

A gasp of air, escaped my throat, as I pressed harder on the accelerator. I pressed all sorts of buttons to get whatever was on top of the van to get away or be gotten rid off. I swerved through the roads and cars on what soon started to become moving traffic. The punches, soon started to become fewer and fewer, although the punching started to dent the roofing.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DID YOU PICK THE WRONG BOOK IN SCHOOL?

THE OTHER SIDE OF A SHEREHE (PARTY) GONE TOO FAR

IS LOVE FOR THE RICH?