PART 24 - SOMETHING IN THE AIR

 The rumbling engine, slowly decreased in its noise, and tires came to a grinding halt, as I entered the base. Nicholas was still as confused as a person who had just visited earth for the first time. He fidgeted around the back of the van and the lady continued to stagger in her loss of soberness after every sip from her can. The thought of seeing James, Mary and Susan, continued to cripple my thoughts. I gazed into the steering wheel for what seemed to be an eternity. "Ahhhahahaha! Btw I'm LAAAURA!" The drunk lady, distributed high decibels of sound, into my ear, as she slid through the leather seats, to annoy me with her drunkard behaviour. It seemed as though I was struck with a spark of lightning through my body, and shook back into reality. My arm stretched out to collect the heavy file, stretching out the threads of my torn jacket, that looked like plucked feathers from a bird. The exhaustion gushed out of the pores of my skin like a river bursting its banks, pairing together with the dehydration that was evident from my ashy dry mouth. Nicholas stepped out of the van slowly and carefully, with Laura, sliding out in her stagger and dropping like a ripe fruit on the ground. "Nicholas, we got something to do" I approached Nicholas after a few steps he made finding about where he was. "Ahh!... Ahhh!" He jumped away in fear as soon as I approached him.

I tried to show him the file in his face to see if anything could be traced in his memory. His eyebrows, scraped the clouds, opening out his eyes, in what could be summarized as surprise from his vague gestures. The dust, swirled through the air, and into the passages of my nose, when I shook the file closer to his face and pushed out all the sneezes that my body could remove in a couple of minutes. Nicholas, was gripped with unshakable stillness, and turned his head trying to figure it out, like a bulb held with a loose screw. After my eyes, got the artistic touch of redness, from the sneezing that my body, had relentlessly produced, I turned to the desk. I brushed of the dust, slowly, looking away from the file, to try uncover more from the clues, I had gotten on the club. My fingers, flip the first few pages, tingling with anticipation of what I could find. Before, making any significant progress, I heard a small alarm ring form the cameras that were placed around the city.

I scrolled straight to the screens, to see what could be happening. Nicholas and Laura, shouted in surprise, and both looked towards the screens as well. The club had become the scene of a lot of action after we had left and gotten to the base, the people who had been inside, started to come out slowly and were angered by what was happening and seemed like they weren't able to understand. Angered citizens clashed with some henchmen, and I saw James, Mary and Susan commanding the henchmen of the owner 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DID YOU PICK THE WRONG BOOK IN SCHOOL?

THE OTHER SIDE OF A SHEREHE (PARTY) GONE TOO FAR

IS LOVE FOR THE RICH?