PART 26 - ABOVE

 The interruptions in transmission, gripped every passing second in the ticking away of time, and after a moment of commotion, I gazed at the paper, on the file, from what felt like events, which spanned through a century. Attempting to tug every tip of my fingers, together every surface of my palms, on the wires, that wove each other like a knitted sweater, trying to fix what I could to get a better transmission. After a quick attempt at the screen, my attention, was pulled like strings on a puppet towards the file, to learn more about what I had found. Nicholas, become, more unstable, than a dry leaf, blown from the ground by a strong wind. He suddenly, become more of a bell than, as his zips seemed to be in a fight to see who would clang the loudest. The hyperventilation, that seemed to be muffling any other activity that was occurring at the base, faded into the background. I held onto his jacket, to try calm him, down which, summoned my body, to become a wrestling athlete in an arena, as though, Caesar himself, had asked for entertainment. It only took me a fair couple of minutes, until, I left him, trying answer his questions, of what seemed to be someone who had a faulty memory. My hands, fidgeted, when trying to flip more pages, after the tussle with Nicholas, as the violence that was interrupted on the screens, latched onto my ear drums like leeches.

The instability of my hand, twitched muscles, and I flipped papers, slowly, which could almost, trap time in its never ending forward motion. I got to a few pages that seemed to have a fresh and readable print. My sight, tried to capture, every, photon of light, squinting to almost darkness, to make sure, I read every single letter from the short part of a possible entire page of written information. I carried a magnifying glass, to read through some of the torn pages and parts, that weren't legible. "...Nicho...tar...." The next page, I flipped started with that incomplete text. "Lalalalala!" Laura, rolled and crawled on the ground in her drunken state, unable to comprehend anything. "Wha...Why are you even here?" I asked,partially distracted. I seemed to forget Laura was at the base, due to her silence, as she had blacked out. The chaos, in the city, seemed to continue, and, my anxiety began to build, as I caught a glimpse of James approaching one of the cameras, and in what appeared to be his hand, crashed it and broke transmission. I tried to switch to other screens, and suddenly, a few others were also damaged.

I quickly turned towards the lift to go and finally get Harry. "Where go?" Nicholas, was alerted by the footsteps of my screechy sneakers, and made rush steps towards me. The file, sunk my shoulders on one side, as I tried to walk. "Can't find it" A voice came from the few screens that were working.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DID YOU PICK THE WRONG BOOK IN SCHOOL?

THE OTHER SIDE OF A SHEREHE (PARTY) GONE TOO FAR

IS LOVE FOR THE RICH?