PART 27 - POSSIBLE

 The metal doors, blocked the horizon slowly, as the last thing I saw was Nicholas' confused face, staring at me, while the neon green lights beamed from the top of the lift, onto the rubber carpet on the ground. My head slumped down, like a breaking tree branch, as I stared onto the ground with thoughts pouring out like water overfilling up a glass to the brim. Humming of the lifts parts, merged with the crowding silence, that accompanied me, as I kept passing each floor. Slowing pace, crept, after a few minutes, and the doors, opened revealing the horizon of Harry's place. My hands, were saturated in strain, after holding the heavy file, after only a few minutes. Despite, the strain, my skinny went through, I slightly felt stronger, after a few struggles. The scent of liquor, distributed itself generously through the air of the place. I made, my steps, squeaking some parts of the wooden floor, towards the desk where Harry had kept the picture of James, Susan, Mary and I. Time seemed to reduce it's pace, when I gazed through the slightly stained glass, that was framed with grey coloured plastic. I sighed, scratching through my unkempt hair, with, a prick of emotion, scratching in me, which didn't seem to be stop, as my thumb, swiped through the glass.

The file, dropped onto the desk, like a droplet of water from the sky, and caused a loud thud, shaking a few of the lamps that were there. I continued to flip the pages, to see what I could find. The more I flipped, I could here another sound muffling the folding and flipping of paper on pages. I threw my neck, that stretched like a never-ending vine, to every possible corner in the cave-like house. The springs, of the chair creaked, as my weight, unloaded of it, with the step I made on the floor, moving forward with the curiosity in me that was unsatisfied. It didn't seem to be satisfied after every movement I made. It almost seemed, like it moved as I kept on moving. "Hello?... Anyone there?" I called out, as I stood in a still position, awaiting a response. My feet, still approached every place, I could here the voice. After a while, I went back to the chair, and got busy with the file. A few minutes had not passed until, I heard the sound again. I quickly got up in one motion, and turned around, quicker than a returning boomerang. I moved, in a stealthily manner, making sure, I don't make any squeaks on the wooden floor.

It rang inside, my ears the more, I could try and find it. I crept like an assassin through the spaces in the house. It slowly began to locate around a certain area. I felt I was getting closer and closer to the sound until, it started to stop and grow slightly faint and harder to hear. Flapping my ears and trying to open them as wide as a funnel collecting water, I continued to reach out to the sight of the sound. I fought for balance, swinging my hands like an octopus tentacles, with the seconds, I floated in the air, towards the faintly polished wooden ground. My chest, burned with pain, as though, I landed on the sun. I wriggled like an injured insect, on the floor, and I finally got the sight of Trakus' shoe.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DID YOU PICK THE WRONG BOOK IN SCHOOL?

THE OTHER SIDE OF A SHEREHE (PARTY) GONE TOO FAR

IS LOVE FOR THE RICH?