PART 28 - IS IT?

 The gleam that struck the sight of Trakus' shoe, in the corner of fading darkness,  painted the curtains which were slightly blown by the breeze, visiting the house, from small cracks in the glass. Groans, climbed up my throat, with zeal, and jumped out of my mouth, when I squirmed on the floor, trying to get up and fulfill my excitement in getting a small glimpse of a probable existence of Trakus. My jacket, spent a lot of time on the partially finished polishing on the wooden floor, as I began having to slide, to get a better view of things. One palm after the other, I pressed off the floor, lifting me up, and slowly getting my feet to the stability of a deep rooted tree into the ground. The dust, attached onto me, like a stamp on a letter. I brushed every particles, coughing the stinging pain that warmed my chest. I was as close to the shoe, as the ground it was laying on. Carefully and in a pace that almost rewound time, I flicked the front part of the sole of the shoe with my sneaker and took the deep breaths of air, that were squeezed out of me, from the anticipation flowing in every pump of through my blood vessels. The shoe, didn't move as much as I thought it would, and the darkness remained with the few gleams of light that revealed the brown colour it had.

"Trakus?" I called out, standing a few meters away from the window, awaiting a response. Nothing seemed to disrupt the silence, that my voice seemed to briefly shatter. The wind whistled through the window blowing cold air that chilled that area of the house. Before, I could make a step away to get to the file. I heard a small movement of the shoe. I slowly turned around to challenge my reality of not hearing about Trakus. The shoe, had moved to towards the side. My mind probably thought it was the wind until, my sight caught a faint white colour and that was faded by the darkness. Walking back again, I found, more than I had initially seen. The closer I got, the sound seemed to come back again. Faint whispers, traveled through the spaces of my ear, charging up the curiosity, bubbling up within me. I made, more advances the more I could here whispers from the darkness near the curtains. The prints of my palm finally clasped onto the fibers of the curtain material, and felt a slimy texture, slip through my hands, as I drew them, only to find that, they were other layers of curtains that were there before the arriving at the window.

I moved, the curtains, layer after layer, which made me finally get the full view of the shoes, and the faint white colour that I had seen. The whispers changed their tone and sounded more like someone talking out of a speaker. The white colour appeared to be a torn piece of cloth, with some red stains. "And that was.. Int.. Com.. I'd.." The voice coming out of the speaker seemed to be interrupted, as I moved closer, through the layers. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DID YOU PICK THE WRONG BOOK IN SCHOOL?

THE OTHER SIDE OF A SHEREHE (PARTY) GONE TOO FAR

IS LOVE FOR THE RICH?