PART 29 - BRIDGE

 The interrupted voices that came from the speaker, knocked around the air, rebounding on every surface, the further, I pulled more layers of the curtain. My vision was greeted with, small broken pieces of plastic, that were scattered on the floor, lying in between the bottom parts of the curtains. Buzzing sprayed in the air, when I pushed the plastic away with the surface of my sneakers, that squeaked, as I got to a silky smooth, polished surface, slipping each step that the rotation of my ankle joint. It wasn't as soon as a minute passed, that I finally grabbed the speaker, with my dusty palms, and made more only got more dustier, when I twisted and turned it to view each part of the speaker. Wires, poured out of the back end of the speaker, that seemed to buzz, like a disturbed bee hive. Smoke, burst into the air, I was breathing in, irritating my nose hairs, into a sneezes that seemed to be guided by a choir master after, some wires, blew fuses and the voices came to an abrupt end. Dust blew up in the air, better than an archeologist could brush off an artefact from the ground. I swirled around with my hands fanning the air, and moving around like a flag in the wind. Half closed eyes, were drawn on my face, with my nose feeling as heavy as an anvil, trying to get my balance and composure, with each sniff that fairly got to smoothen the sting of my erratic sneezing.

After sweeping most of the dust with the bottom of the curtain, I picked up the speaker again, and looked at it closely. At the end, of the speaker, I saw a few pictures, that appeared to be smudged and bleached. My thumbs and fingers clasped and flipped them, trying to see what was captured. A few of them seemed to be clear and I continued to search for more. The darkness, grabbed and threw away the light that came from the window, as my hands stretched further into the fewer layers, that remained, in my search of more things that coupled the shoe and voices that came from the speaker. My hand, which was raking in, mostly dust and a torn pieces of cloth, knocked a wooden corner. I twisted my wrist in a screw-in motion of a bulb, to look for anything and was unable to get anything more. Retracting my hand and gluing my eyes towards the pictures, I saw a bit of a partial glimpse of Trakus' shirt. I quickly turned towards the desk, wriggling the dust off my fingers, eager to compare more of the things I found with the file.

The springs of the chair, took in my weight, as I tried to balance, my unstable landing from my eager jump towards the desk to start the flipping more pages. I got to print the remaining dust, that didn't seem to get off on the pages, as I bent the pages, to flipping. The next page, had a clear and legible text, which I squinted through each part of my vision to see. I kept, comparing it with that I had found and seemed to get nowhere, until I reached the end of the page. I saw a picture, of someone who looked like Trakus in a mask, under a sticker that was on the page.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DID YOU PICK THE WRONG BOOK IN SCHOOL?

THE OTHER SIDE OF A SHEREHE (PARTY) GONE TOO FAR

IS LOVE FOR THE RICH?