PART 36 - PATH

Grains upon grains of sand, flew into the air like wafted pollen from flowers, showering, on the surface of my plastic goggles, into a faint temporary layer of tint, that kept sliding off. I kept hearing the thudding noise, of fists, puncture, into the threads of nylon, stinging a sharp panic in my breath. The darkness, latched onto every encroaching ray of light, that was possibly seen to the naked eye. Scratches on the ground, disrupted the multitude, of things, touching on my consciousness. I turned, to see Azoe, engaging, in all manner of strenuous, muscle exhausting, hits to a few corners, breaking into the ground, like a mole rat. "What are you doing? Is there a way out?" I whispered with the little air passing through my throat, slowly walking backwards to Azoe. "Huh? No time to talk, never going back" He said, panting, away his fear. In a matter of seconds, my hope, was sunken by the faint sound of the tears of the bags, instilling, more pumps of blood filled with fear through me. Threads, struggled against the conquering force of monstrous fists, that strained their battling strength, and effortlessly tore them open, from their, tightly woven patterns like a cut from a razor sharp blade. The threads, flew into the air, with a scatter, pressed together with a gushing burst, of sand, which enveloped the air, I stood in, knocking my trembling and fidgeting body, like a dead branch on a tree, flying into an already frustrated and busy Azoe.

"Arrgh! GET OFF ME! Arrrgh!!" Azoe shouted, oozing out into an exploding strength that pushed me away. The gushing sand, made a desert landscape of the small home that Azoe had made, in a matter of minutes. Moving, became a tedious task, when the sand, finally, brushed, only a shy distance from the our knees. Azoe's paranoia, squeezed an increased exertion, of effort, in his, swamped and damped body of sweat and exhaustion. The thuds of punches, echoed into Azoe's ear and stabbed the panic, deeper into his emotions. After a matter of time, the weakness, of punches, and scratches on the corners, were overwhelmed by the increasing, waves of sand that, aggressively knocked his hunched back. "Ne..evverr...Goo...ing....baac..k!" Azoe said, as his voice, reduced in decibels, and arms swung like tendrils from a tree, that was about to fall from a branch. I quickly, rushed to his aid, grabbing his, body that was succumbing to the pressure of gravity and his dimming will to stay on his feet.

A bag, flung into the air, before, I engaged myself, to the energy draining efforts that Azoe, employed himself towards getting away. Rays of light, immediately broke, the pitch black darkness, beside my temple, just missing a few centimetres, to beaming into my goggles. "There's a shadow there, c'mon keep knocking the bags" A shouted burst into the threads of my mask, into my ear, raising the desperation, to get away by a great amount of numbers of heart beats. My knuckles, infused the pain of punching, with the stings that rattled through my whole hand, which finally bore bruises. The waves of sand knocked the rear end of my head, bursting more inspiration to find a way. A metal mesh, broke open, and the joy, spread a smile, of relief, warming my emotions for a few minutes, as I jumped into the vent, grabbing Azoe with me, a tightening grip, clenched my hopes for escape, which tugged onto my jacket.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DID YOU PICK THE WRONG BOOK IN SCHOOL?

THE OTHER SIDE OF A SHEREHE (PARTY) GONE TOO FAR

IS LOVE FOR THE RICH?