FOUR'S A CROWD

 I could have been drowning bottles of alcohol, just like Mary had? I could be running care free drunk in the street? After all "Love ain't real" aint it? Pfft, yours truly, should know a thing or two, it's a cycle of get to know someone to be a stranger again right? All's good until that moment it breaks, but for the love for everything that's real why the hell am I here, in my own house, trying to hide from my ex and her best friends guy, with my ex's best friend in my arms now? My arms, shuffled like revolving pistons, and legs struggled with balance like a weak branch in a strong breeze, trying to manage Mary's weight while keeping my cover. "Ah no! No, Don't break now, argh, you've been alright all through" Mary said. The clanging sound of small metal parts was let out after heavy thuds, knocked the door, shackling the weak nuts and bolts on the hinges. "Maary!!! Marryy!!" Tim said. "Jared! Jared! Are you there?" Andrea asked. I slowly knelt down and put Mary on the ground. "Ahhh, nooo fair! Jawed make Mayyywwwee sad! Bad Jaweed!" Mary sulked. "You better not be doing anything funny, you prick!" Tim said. The grunts and thuds on the door, could muffle the sounds of a stampeding herd of rhinos and elephants. I let out one breath after the other, to control the intense breathing that had swelled up my lungs and skimpily tiptoed around the front of the door, trying to find a way that Mary could escape. In my skimpy tiptoeing, the phone fell out of my pocket, and just as I stealthily tried to grab it, the rattling of the vibration from a call rubbed on the polished wooden floor, making a significant notice of activity. "Jared! Jared! Are you there? I know you are, pick up the phone!" Andrea asked. "Hey hey! Giiiirrrllfwweeeennd! Andrea is that you?" Mary said.

"Mary? Are you okay? I'm with Tim, who are you with?" Andrea asked. "Hihihi you wanna know? You really wanna know? Weeeell, of course I'm at Jawweedd's! So guess! Hihihi" Mary said. A deep congratulations, cheered silently in my heart for Mary, despite her antics, as I painted my slightly sweaty face with a smile ready for a photographer at which ever angle or lighting from any possible studio. "Mary, dear, Tim has been really anxious about where you have been? Is Jared with you?" Andrea asked. "Hihihi! Do you wanna come in and see? You sure?" Mary asked. Despite the pulsating adrenaline pumping through my veins, between seeing Andrea again and escaping this complex situation. I was really cheering for Mary's antics to save the day. "Heh.." I said. "Who said that Mary? Who is in there?" Tim asked. "Arrggh! Tim! Always with the anger! Why can't I just be me! You both don't know if  Jaweed is here!" Mary said. In my head, Mary was a real champion, I could be the fan that runs on to the pitch to get their autograph but my excitement is between saving it to see Andrea again and hoping Mary's sudden desire can keep the both Andrea and Tim on their toes.

"Mary! Why are you always difficult? You just can't stay still, even when we've been over this!" Tim said. "Jared, sigh babe? Your phone has been ringing, where are you?" Andrea said. "I thought you and Jared..." Tim said. "Sigh, it's complicated." Andrea said. I held onto the curtain, with my eye peeking through the fading darkness of the covers, into the light, where Mary, who lay on the ground. She finally got up off the ground as a few seconds passed. Her stance still wobbled around and slid over the spilled alcohol, trying to find me. "Ouch! Ja... Jaw" She said. "Mary is that guy there? I'm breaking this door now!" Time said. "Wow! Wait..." Andrea said. "Outta my way, lady!" Tim said. In the noise of the grunting towards the door, I quickly, rushed to pick my phone, in hopes to still talk to Andrea and rushed back to hide. In my rush, Mary desperately sought my help and forgot her tricks. "Jawweeedd!"  Mary said. He's bloody here!" Tim said. I slid her across the floor, as the door broke a hinge, and I saw, Tim's left eye glimpse at me for a second.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DID YOU PICK THE WRONG BOOK IN SCHOOL?

THE OTHER SIDE OF A SHEREHE (PARTY) GONE TOO FAR

IS LOVE FOR THE RICH?