GETTING ACQUAINTED

 Time stood still for a moment, in the time, my eyes took to blink, as her smile stared back at me. Was she right or the alcohol had been full till the brim, in her head? Me? Her boyfriend? Liiiiies! Besides, who wants, the monster I was tainted to be? So many questions. "Haha, you're so funny you, haha, should I come closer to tell you more?" She said. "What?! Are the liquor fumes boiling up inside you? Do you hear yourself?" I said. Mary's low level of sobriety, poured her uncontrollable movements from the couch, and slithered herself, like a highly viscous fluid, pouring downhill, to holding onto the fabric of  my khaki pants and wool socks. "C'mon youuuu, why are you so serious, you know a bit of playtime is good for Jack, or should I say my Jaaareeed! Uuuh! Haha" She said. The vibration of my phone broke the approach by Mary, as I looked to see who may be buzzing my phone. I picked up the phone, but a silence and static greeted me for a while, until, I was interrupted by the voice, I missed soo much, my former lover, Andrea. "Hello? Uhm, Hello? Is it "been a while" jitters again? Haha I miss.." I said. "Ahem, as much as I like nostalgic phone calls, this isn't the time Jared, where is your apartment again? I'm close." Andrea said. "Ahh, it's right up the first turn, from the main road, hope to see you soon!" I said. "Sigh, okay Jared, I'll see you soon" Andrea said.

My thumb, tapped the red cancel button, on the call, and joy and panic, smothered themselves, like a butter and jam on a sandwich, on my already confused state, as the murmurs of affection, flew in endlessly from Mary's abrupt and new found desire and attraction for me. "You have to get out of here! You have to get going from where you were coming from and going! I think you seriously must be lost and drunk!" I said. "Jaaaweeedd is getting panicky panicky, what can I do for my wuuuvv!! Mmmmh! A bit of smoochie smoochie!" She said. I clasped her wrists together with my hands and tried to get her stand up but due to her drunkenness, the dead weight, felt like releasing an anchor of cruise ship by hand. The alcoholic breath, wafted into my nostrils, together with her rose scented perfume, and cherry lipstick that had drawn marks all over her face, as I tried to carry her to the door. "My heeerro!" She said. "Mary! You are seriously in trouble right now!" I said. "Uuuh, I like it when I break your rules, haha!" She said. After, some tiptoeing over the spilled alcohol and the sliding of my socks, left, right and everywhere, trying to manage to carry Mary, I was only a whisker away from opening the door and letting her out until I heard some people approaching at the door.

"Phew! Tim! Must have caught you right on time yeah?" Andrea asked. "Ahh yeah! At the best time of it all! I need to get Mary and whoever seems to be fooling around with her!" Tim said. "The anger! However don't worry, I think I know where we can get answers" Andrea said. The exchanges between the two seemed to become more audible as the steps continued to get closer. My biceps, pleaded against the forces of exhaustion and fatigue, that I would let myself break cover, and be as silent as possible. " Uhh Jared, you've carried me a while you are strong!" Mary shouted. "Mary?! Mary is that you?! What's happening?" Tim asked. "Jared?" Andrea asked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DID YOU PICK THE WRONG BOOK IN SCHOOL?

THE OTHER SIDE OF A SHEREHE (PARTY) GONE TOO FAR

IS LOVE FOR THE RICH?